Businesses in Bernalillo County turn to the department for help identifying incentive programs and tax credits, expediting permitting processes, and leveraging available resources. The department’s objective is quality business and job growth that develops the economy of Bernalillo County.
Serving rural areas and the Albuquerque metro, the Bernalillo County Economic Development team works with businesses in the food industry, cyber security, film production, and everything in between.
The network of programs and resources the department taps into includes (partial list):
• Increment of One Initiative, which is geared toward enabling a large number of small businesses to create jobs — even if it only means by an “increment of one.” Agencies involved with the Increment of One Initiative include the Hispano Chamber of Commerce, Albuquerque South Valley Business Development Center, and The Loan Fund.
• Job Training Incentive Program (JTIP), which funds classroom and on-the-job-training for newly created jobs.
• Manufacturers Investment Tax Credit, which extends to qualifying manufacturers a tax credit equal to 5% of the value of qualified equipment imported to New Mexico
• BernCo Film Office, which facilitates with the identification of available film locations and necessary permitting
- 415 Tijeras NW, Albuquerque, 87102